Mold

Not only is it scary to look at, but it has terrifying effects on your health.  Did you know that mold spores emit an odorless toxic fume called mycotoxin? This chemical has been linked to diseases and other issues such as brain damage, learning disabilities, respiratory issues, migraine headaches, weak immune systems and sometimes even death. Thankfully, there are many ways of dealing with mold in your home. Removing the mold physically makes the home safe and clean for you family while providing you peace of mind. Depending on the situation, our company can also encapsulate affected areas.

Before any mold is touched a negative air containment area must be set up to protect mold from escaping into other areas of the home. Mold can contain 21 thousand spores per cubic centimeter. Just like a dandilion, when you walk by that area, you are blowing spores all over the place. With 65% humidity and above, those newly transferred spores are going to grow, thrive and continue to spread.

Mold loves humidity above 65%. A level of 50% is recommended through homeowner management with a dehumidifier.

 

Mold Removal

Some mold is severe enough then it just needs to be removed. If the mold in your home is to this point, we will cut it out, bag it and properly dispose of it at a hazardous waste facility.

Mold Encapsulation

Smaller amounts of mold can be remediated and maintained using a material that gets painted on. We use an EPA registered anti-microbial material which gets applied by painting it on to a surface that is contaminated with mold. This traps—or encapsulates—the mold. Doing so can not only keep the mold from compromising  the air quality in your home, but it stifles and prevents its spread and helps to prevent returning spores.

Aspergillus Sp.

Aspergillus Sp.

Cladosporidium

Cladosporidium

Alternaria Sp.

Alternaria Sp.

Penicillium Sp.

Penicillium Sp.